Digitalisation and Financial Technology (FinTech), 15 ECTS
Application period: 01.10.2021 - 17.12.2021
: Ingalill Aspholm
Required skills : . Entry requirements: Undergraduate degree (university or university of applied sciences) in Business Administration (or other field + 40 ECTS business studies) and a minimum of two years relevant work experience after graduation
Target groups : Please notice that you need to apply by 1) filling in the form and 2) sending in an application letter. Please write a short application letter where you briefly introduce yourself and your professional background. Also describe how your selected module fits your learning and career aspirations, as well as your field of interest related to digitalization and FinTech. The application letter should be 200-300 words. Send your application letter to email@example.com
Digitalisation and Financial Technology (FinTech)
Are you interested in digitalisation and financial services? Then this course is for you!
Digitalization involves the use of technology to create new business models or improve the efficiency of existing operations. The focus is on various technologies that drive digitalisation, such as analytics, artificial intelligence, blockchains, and machine learning. While these technologies can be applied in a broad context, we will examine the impact particularly in financial technology (FinTech).
The module is divided into three separate courses consisting of 5 ECTS each. These are:
1. Fintech in the Past, Present and Future
2. Fintech for Financial Transactions
3. Data and Analytics for Fintech
During the courses you will become knowledgeable in a broad range of technologies driving change, with an in-depth focus on blockchains and artificial intelligence (AI). We will look at industry transition from several different points of view, including banking services, legislation, FinTech start-ups, and multinational technology providers. Throughout the courses, you will challenge yourself to understand the big picture and to identify opportunities in this rapidly changing environment.
Learning methods for the course include lectures, guest lectures, group- and individual work. The course will also serve as a platform for networking with professionals in the industry.
Four reasons to choose these studies:
1. You will gain highly relevant insight to the changes taking place within the financial industry, as well as digitalisation technologies
2. This is a great stepping stone for future studies at Master's level, e.g., the Arcada Master's Degree Programme in International Business Management
3. Lecturers and instructors have substantial hands-on industry experience
4. Fellow attendees have diverse backgrounds and experience that will make your learning experience even more valuable